Nashville Black Pride Weekend
October 19 - October 21, 2012
Nashville Black Pride Weekend is here and is filled with multiple activities and events!
- Join us at Out Central on Friday at 7:30pm for activities include a Vendor Marketplace, the annual Couples Recognition Ceremony, and a gift card drawing specifically for the SINGLE & proud! There will also be a special presentation to the 2012 BASU Legacy Award recipients; Stallion, Crystal A. Doss, Mya Campbell Cassadine, K. Melissa Gordon, the Gay Straight Alliance at Tennessee State University, Adrian Couch aka Flexx Cartier-St. James, Darnell McClain, N. Mitchell, K. Chandler, J. Gadsden, Jazzmyn, Damien Hardin, and T. Gistover.
- The official kickoff party takes place at the Vibe Entertainment Complex starting at 10:00pm.
The celebration continues with multiple afternoon events taking place at Nashville Cares.
- 1:00pm-6:00pm Vendor Marketplace, Forums & Social Gathering (FREE)
- If you're not into late night gatherings, this is the perfect opportunity for you to socialize with a variety of people that you haven't seen in a while. Join us for an afternoon of light music, refreshments, games and educational forums.
- 1:30pm-3:00pm "Spirituality for LGBT Soul" workshop. (FREE) Panelists include Alba Onofrio, Daria Hudson, Terrance Dean , Asher Kaboeli, Carlin Hudson, and Melissa Gordon.
- 3:30pm-5:00pm Town Hall & Panel Discussion (FREE) “The Battle Within; Balancing Passion & Purpose with Profit." Panelist include model DeAndre Lemans from Atlanta, Kenneth Freeman II: President of Mu Chapter of Kappa Psi Kappa Fraternity and more.
- 5:00pm-6:30pm Literary Café & Spoken Word Showcase (FREE). Featuring Authors Craig Stewart, "Words Never Spoken", LaToya Hankins, "SBF Seeking " and Terrance Dean “Mogul”. All authors will have their book available for purchase & signing.
Head over to Vibe Entertainment Complex at 11:00pm for more celebration! A portion of the proceeds benefit Nashville Black Pride.
Sunday: A Celebration of Life & Culture®
- 1:30pm–2:30pm Interdenominational Worship Center 2128 11th Avenue North. Join the IWC and Nashville Black Pride for an inspirational afternoon service with family and friends. For more details contact Pastor Christopher F. Davis at (615) 337-5030.
- 2:30pm-8:00pm 10th Annual Film & Cultural Fest ($10 or $9 w/NBP VIP Lapel pin / students w ID pay $8: one price includes all films): Watkins College of Art, Design & Film: 2298 Rosa L. Parks Blvd, 37228.