System | NowPlayingNashville.com
You’re so Nashville, if …” Well last night was one of those nights for me. It was something SO Nashville! More on that spectacular moment in just a minute.
Local transplants and Nashvillians have heard the saying … “
Country Radio Seminar Week always makes a roaring impact in Music City. From a secret show at Marathon Music Works from Garth Brooks (which happened the night before last) to artist specific showcases, it’s something that brings in all the stars for an amazing week of fun with country radio folks. Not to mention some complete randomness like a lunch concert at the Ryman with Kacey Musgraves, Keith Urban, Little Big Town, Vince Gill, Josh Turner, Eric Church and others.
So last night at midnight, thanks to Universal Music Group (UMG) Nashville, I got to sit down in the Ryman; eat a couple of White Castle burgers provided by Capitol Records Nashville; and hear Keith Urban perform live to a small intimate crowd of industry professionals. How many people get to do this type thing? It was SO Nashville!
Here are some of my favorite memories of Keith (yes, we’re on a first name basis) last night:
- Keith singing the one liner of “Jessie’s Girl” before leading into “Long Hot Summer.”
- Keith performing “Love Somebody Like You” on the banjo with a drum machine.
- The “Kiss A Girl” sing-a-long from the crowd.
- 6 audience goers that came on stage with Keith for “Kiss A Girl” competition, when he only asked for 3. #
- The impressive audience goer that played piano during the competition.
- The hilarious audience goer that thought they knew the words to “Kiss A Girl.”
- The I Love You’s to Keith from all the ladies hollering in the audience between songs.
- Lastly, realizing that asking what the audience wants to hear is not a good idea. It’s hard to understand a bunch of folks yelling.
My fiance and me
We’re at the Ryman for a private midnight concert. EEEK!
Keith on the banjo and drum machine.
Keith performing “Tonight I Wanna Cry.”
Keith Urban and Jerry Flowers