Please Note: This event has expired.
Battle of New Orleans Anniversary Commemoration
Battle of New Orleans/Courtesy of the Andrew Jackson Foundation
Jason Wiese, Associate Director of the Williams Research Center at The Historic New Orleans Collection, will serve as the guest speaker.
Enjoy FREE Grounds Passes to The Hermitage on Sunday, January 8 as they commemorate the Battle of New Orleans, a crucial American victory during the War of 1812 and the event that catapulted General Andrew Jackson to national fame and recognition.
- At 1PM the annual wreath-laying ceremony will take place at the tomb of General Andrew Jackson featuring special remarks. Following the presentation of colors and a brief program, wreaths will be laid on the tomb to honor both General Jackson and his wife, Rachel.
- Children’s activities will take place from 10AM to 3PM.
- Battle of New Orleans Gallery Talks will take place at 10AM, noon and 3PM.
- A balcony address will happen at noon.
- The annual wreath-laying ceremony with special remarks and the presentation of colors will take place at 1PM.
- Exclusive Hermitage Member event, featuring New Orleans-related artifacts from The Hermitage’s collection.
- Stop in for lunch at FKS Kitchen.
- Unwind with a discounted wine tasting at Natchez Hills Winery at Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage.
- Take home souvenirs and gifts from the Museum Store.
Your free Grounds Pass grants you access to The Hermitage’s 1,120 acres of history and tranquil beauty, including an historic garden, historical markers, wildlife, hiking trail, and historic buildings.
Please note: The Hermitage Mansion is not included as part of the Grounds Pass. Mansion Tours, as well as VIP Tours and In Their Footsteps: Lives of The Hermitage Enslaved Tours, are available for purchase.
FREE Grounds Passes on Sunday, Jan. 8
Contact: (615) 889-2941
4580 Rachel's Lane, Hermitage, TN 37076
Health Check Update
MORE FROM Andrew Jackson's Hermitage
Apr 1, 2023
Apr 4, 2023
Mar 7 - Apr 4, 2023
Apr 7, 2023
Jun 19 - Jun 23, 2023