Please Note: This event has expired.
Birth Doula Training
Fun filled one day training to learn how to support women during pregnancy and birth.
Always dreamed about supporting women in pregnancy and birth? Maybe you have thought about becoming a doula, but were unsure where to start. This one day training will be your springboard to your new doula career.
One Day Doula Training Covers:
• The anatomy, physiology, and emotions of labor and birth
• The role of the doula: Do’s and Don\’ts / Fear vs Safety
• Hospital Staff List
• Hospital Policies and what to expect at a birth
• Epidurals and Cascade of Interventions (Penny Simkins Road Map of Labor)
12 to 1 Lunch Break
• Doula Tools including Rebozos and Peanut Balls
• Pain Reduction Techniques Based on Neurophysiology
• Hands-on practice of labor support techniques and birth scenarios
• Fetal Compass Rose
• Creating Space in the Pelvis
• Postpartum and Breastfeeding
• Additional resources in your packet
• Finishing your doula certification and mentoring
After completing the class, you will receive your certificate via email and the exclusive digital Blissful Birthing Trained Doula badge in jpeg format.