Dickens of A Christmas
Please note, this event has expired.
Each year, Main Street recalls the spirit of Christmases past when the Heritage Foundation throws its annual Dickens of a Christmas celebration. This year the event marks its 34th anniversary, and will feature both time-honored activities that have become perennial favorites, as well as a few new traditions in the making.
Franklin’s Main Street and its beautiful Victorian architecture will be decked out for the holiday season. Some 200 characters, dancers and entertainers will fill the street, including several from Charles Dickens’s stories interacting with the public. Expect to see the nefarious Fagin from Oliver Twist; Jacob Marley, Ebenezer Scrooge and Tiny Tim Cratchit with his parents from A Christmas Carol; and of course, a Victorian Father and Mother Christmas with treats for children.
This year’s event will reprise a crowd favorite from last year: it WILL snow at Dickens of a Christmas! Come decked out in holiday style to capture that perfect family picture.
Enjoy the following activities:
- Sugar plums and roasted chestnuts being sold on the street, much like they were during the Victorian era.
- Street vendors selling old English fare and other tasty treats.
- A variety of musical performances, both on stage and on the street.
- Horse-drawn carriage rides.
- A holiday arts and crafts bazaar.
- A town sing of classic Christmas carols on the Public Square.
- And much more!
Contact: (615) 591-8500
Main Street, Franklin, TN 37067