Dyer Observatory Daytime Open House
Please note, this event has expired.
Enjoy history, science, and scenery as astronomers offer tours of Vanderbilt’s historic facility.
Astronomers offer tours of Vanderbilt’s Dyer Observatory and its interior exhibits–including the Seyfert Telescope in the grand dome. Weather permitting, visitors will also venture outside to see the Star Chamber, sundial garden, and view the Sun through the solar telescope. Recommended for ages 8 and up. Tours are at 9am and 10:30am and typically run 60-90 minutes.
- -You do not need to bring a printed ticket; there will be a guest list at the gate.
- -Out of courtesy to all visitors, we ask guests to refrain from loud talking and to keep children close while the tour guide is leading the group.
- –Closed-toes shoes are highly recommended.
- If your plans change and you cannot attend, please cancel your order or let us know so that we may release your spot to someone else.
- -Because this is Vanderbilt University property, firearms and smoking are not allowed.
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
Additional time info:
You must register for either the 9am or 10:30am tour.
1000 Oman Drive, Brentwood, TN 37027