Dyer Observatory Daytime Open House
Enjoy history, science, and scenery as astronomers offer tours of Vanderbilt’s historic facility.
Astronomers offer tours of Vanderbilt’s Dyer Observatory including the Seyfert Telescope. Weather permitting, visitors will also venture outside to see the Star Chamber, sundial garden, and view the Sun through the solar telescope.
You may arrive and depart any time during the 9am-noon Open House, but guided tours start at approximately 9am and 10:30am. You must make a FREE reservation online for either tour. No tickets sold at door. All weather event. Recommended for ages 8 and up.
- The tour lasts approximately one hour.
- Because this is a historic museum setting, attendees are asked to be mindful of the delicate nature of the exhibits and equipment.
- The Seyfert Telescope is located on the second floor of the observatory. There are twenty steps leading to the second floor
- For the safety of all observatory guests, closed-toe footwear must be worn.
- Please alert them if you are booking a large group that will be arriving at once (to allow for adequate staffing).
- You do not need to bring a printed ticket; there will be a guest list at the gate.
- Notify the gate attendant if you have special parking needs.
- If your plans change and you can not attend, please cancel your ticket online or let them know so they may release the space to someone else.
Source: Vanderbilt Dyer Observatory
Free admission, but you must make a free reservation online for either the 9am or 10:30am tour.
TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE ONE MONTH BEFORE EACH EVENT.
Contact: (615) 373-4897
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
- Aug 4, 2020 at 09:00 am - 12:00 pm (Tue)
- Sep 1, 2020 at 09:00 am - 12:00 pm (Tue)
- Oct 6, 2020 at 09:00 am - 12:00 pm (Tue)
- Nov 3, 2020 at 09:00 am - 12:00 pm (Tue)
Additional time info:
You must register for either the 9am or 10:30am tour.
1000 Oman Drive, Brentwood, TN 37027