Dyer Observatory Meet the Astronomer
This series features a different astronomer or scientist each time who will discuss a topic of current interest.
An astronomer or scientist discusses a topic of current interest. A description of the topic will be posted on our ticketing page when available.
Telescope viewings follow when weather permits.
Tickets are available approximately one month before each event.
- -You do not need to bring a printed ticket; there will be a guest list at the gate.
- -The exhibits on the main floor are handicapped accessible, but the Seyfert telescope on the second floor is only accessible by stairs. There are twenty steps, split by a large landing, leading to the dome. Climbing additional portable steps may be necessary to see through the eyepiece.
- -Notify the gate attendant if you have special parking needs.
- -Closed-toe footwear is suggested.
- -If your plans change and you cannot attend, you may invite someone you know to use your tickets/names for entry.
- -Because this is Vanderbilt University property, firearms and smoking are not allowed
Cost: $6.27 per person ($5.00 admission plus $1.27 online handling fee.) Each person must have their own reservation. Infants do not require tickets.
NO TICKETS SOLD AT DOOR. Tickets may be purchased up to the day of the event, but please be aware this event often sells out well ahead.
NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES. THIS IS A CLEAR OR CLOUDY EVENT.
Contact: (615) 373-4897
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
- Nov 21, 2019 at 07:00 pm (Thu)
Additional time info:
A question and answer session follows the talk. If weather permits, there will be a telescope viewing.
1000 Oman Drive, Brentwood, TN 37027