Dyer Observatory Telescope Night
Please note, this event has expired.
The Dyer Observatory telescopes will be set up for gazing (weather permitting), and the observatory will be open for viewing exhibits and speaking with astronomers.
The format is “open house” so you may arrive and depart any time during the event. There will not be a formal talk/program on these nights unless otherwise noted. Suggested for ages 8 and up.
- -You do not need to bring a printed ticket; there will be a guest list at the gate.
- -The exhibits on the main floor are handicapped accessible, but the Seyfert telescope on the second floor is only accessible by stairs. There are twenty steps, split by a large landing, leading to the dome. Climbing additional portable steps may be necessary to see through the eyepiece.
- -Notify the gate attendant if you have special parking needs.
- -For the safety of all observatory guests, closed-toe footwear must be worn.
- -If your plans change and you cannot attend, you may invite someone you know to use your tickets/names for entry.
- -Because this is Vanderbilt University property, firearms and smoking are not allowed.
Tickets go on sale one month before each event and often sell out quickly.
Cost: $6.27 per person ($5.00 admission plus $1.27 online handling fee.) Each person must have their own reservation. Infants do not require tickets.
NO TICKETS SOLD AT DOOR. Tickets may be purchased up to the day of the event, but please be aware this event often sells out well ahead.
NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES. THIS IS A CLEAR OR CLOUDY EVENT.
Contact: (615) 373-4897
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
Additional time info:
There is no formal tour or talk unless noted on the ticketing page.
1000 Oman Drive, Brentwood, TN 37027