Please Note: This event has expired.
Faith & Spirituality Symposium on End-of-Life Care
Formerly known as Alive Hospice’s Faith Leaders Conference on End-of-Life Care, Alive Hospice’s 2016 Faith & Spirituality Symposium will offer a day of reflection, discussion and insight into spiritual care and the end of life with resources and beneficial practices.
Open to all who have an interest in end-of-life care: worship community leaders, chaplains, lay leaders, health care professionals, educators and students, government representatives, nonprofit professionals and their volunteers, and the general public.
Reggie Anderson, M.D., Chief of Staff at TriStar Ashland City Medical Center and author of Appointments with Heaven: The True Story of a Country Doctor’s Healing Encounters with the Hereafter.
Topics will include:
- Interfaith Panel Discussion
- Marrying Medicine and Faith, Allowing Them to Co-Exist
- Embracing Moments of Happiness and Fulfillment in End-of-Life Care
- Historical Overview of Death and Dying
- What is A Natural Death? The Medicalization of Dying
- Seeing Beyond the End of Life as Failure
- Suicide Prevention for Professionals
- Palliative Care
- Care for Caregivers
- Mindful Presence
- Essential Oils as Complimentary Therapy for End-of-Life Care
A program of The Alive Institute, Alive Hospice’s Center for Education, Outreach, Innovation and Advocacy
$20 per person; includes breakfast and lunch
FREE for students
108 7th Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37203(Neighborhood: Downtown)