Jazzmania 2019 Call For Artists
Please note, this event has expired.
Entry deadline is August 23, 2019.
Amateur, Emerging, and Professional.
Please submit an original, JAZZ OR OTHER INSPIRED original creation, small 2D or 3D art work (no larger than 10 inch x 10 inch) for exhibition in the SMALL WORKS ART EXHIBIT and AUCTION to benefit the Nashville Jazz Workshop as part of JAZZMANIA 2019. Entry deadline is August 23, 2019. All artists who donate will receive one free ticket to a Nashville Jazz Workshop performance, good for one year.
The SMALL WORKS EXHBIT and AUCTION raises much-needed funds for the Nashville Jazz Workshop classes, performances, and community outreach programs. The Small Works Art pieces will be seen via an on-line auction until the night of the Jazzmania party, which takes place Saturday, October 19, 2019, 6pm-10pm at The Factory in Franklin. All artwork is exhibited at Jazzmania and sold in a silent auction at the event. A roster of participating artists and a preview of works available for sale during the event will be posted on jazzmania.nashvillejazz.org before the event.
How to submit art work:
Complete art work according to entry guidelines below. All art work must be accompanied by an entry form. Mail or deliver your entry to the Nashville Jazz Workshop, 1319 Adams Street, Nashville, TN 37208. Phone (615) 242-5299. Week-day office hours: 12pm-5pm, Monday through Friday.
* Open to artists 18 years and older worldwide.
* Art work could be Jazz inspired, or any other inspiration/subject is acceptable.
* 2-D or 3-D, any medium, within 10x10x10″ size
* If framed, work cannot exceed 10×10 inches including the frame. 3D work cannot exceed 10 inches in any dimension and must be able to sit on a table or hang on a wall.
* All works must be original in content, concept, and design
* Artwork must be suitable for all audiences
* Limit of 3 submissions per artist, no fees
* Each work must be accompanied by an entry form
* The Nashville Jazz Workshop reserves the right to not show any art work based on the above criteria.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS AUGUST 23, 2019
The proceeds from Jazzmania support the Nashville Jazz Workshop’s jazz education classes taught by world-class musicians, performances at the Jazz Cave by top local and visiting jazz artists, and special events in the community. This year’s guest jazz artists for the evening are internationally-known pianist Gerald Clayton and his quartet, and the NJW’s Tower of Power Ensemble.
The SMALL WORKS EXHIBIT has a been a signature feature of JAZZMANIA for the past 11 years.
Source: Nashville Jazz Workshop
Entry deadline is August 23, 2019. All artists who donate will receive one free ticket to a Nashville Jazz Workshop performance, good for one year.
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
Additional time info:
Submit with entry form by delivering to the Nashville Jazz Workshop or mailing your entry.
1319 Adams Street, Nashville, TN 37208.
Phone (615) 242-5299.
Week-day office hours: 12pm-5pm, Monday through Friday.
2601 Elm Hill Pike, Suite R, Nashville, TN 37214