Language Teacher Workshop | Using the Target Language 90% of the Time – How?
Please note, this event has expired.
Come learn about hot topics in language instruction with peers in the education field.
In this workshop, you will practice some common techniques leading to successful target language use.
- Identify the moments when you are tempted to switch to English
- Develop strategies to replace your English utterances with alternatives in the target language
- Discover how visuals, contexts and acting can do the job for you
- Work on eliciting, conveying meaning, checking comprehension, supplementing verbal messages with non-verbal clues
- How to sell the idea of sticking to TL to your students – their participation is critical to your success
The training is applicable to all languages (including EL/ESL), levels and educational settings.
220 French Landing Drive., Nashville, TN 37243