Muddy Roots Music Fest 2019
Muddy Roots fest promotes everything from roots blues, bluegrass to punk rock and everything in between.
From the outside looking in, one may look at the lineup of The Muddy Roots Festival for example, and wonder how an iconic hard core punk band from California like Black Flag, a hillbilly punk freak from Tennessee like Joe Buck, a golden-throated singer from Michigan like Rachel Brooke, a crazy hellbilly songwriter from the Pacific Northwest like Bob Wayne, a classic country singer/songwriter from times past like Red Simpson, and a blues legend from Missisippi like LC Ulmer could all be booked right beside each other and it work seamlessly.
This illustrates the dramatic sonic and geographical diversity that goes into creating what we know now as the underground country roots, or “Muddy Roots” world. Below is a list of the disparate origins of Muddy Roots music that came together from a mutual understanding and appreciation of the roots of American music, and the epicenters where this music originated from and/or is thriving today.
It‘s three days of music, camping, vendors. From punk to traditional country, you will find something (if not everything) that you will love. Come spend your Labor Day weekend with a whole lot of cool people. Located at the June Bug Boogie Ranch in Cookeville, TN., with free camping and hot showers.
Lineup: Cock Sparrer, The Damned, Orange Goblin, FEAR, OFF!, The Soul Rebels w/ special guest GZA, MC50, John Garcia and Nick Oliveri (formerly of Kyuss), The Adicts, Weedeater, Hank Von Hell (Formerly of Turbonegro) The Dwarves, The Queers, Possessed By Paul James, Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band, Fishbone, Mudfits, Koffin Kats, Urban Pioneers, Black Eyed Vermillion, Sierra Ferrell, Black Venus, Bridge City Sinners, Nancarrow, and MANY MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED!
There is one main rule that should be kept in mind —at all times:
“Don‘t be a JERK.”
Before doing anything please ask yourself if what you are about to do is something a JERK would do. If so, kindly stop. That could mean sneaking in, stealing anything, driving drunk, being rude to performers and well you get the point. (Anybody caught sneaking people in will get the whole car load kicked out. No tolerance for stealing from your favorite festival and bands.)
- NO PETS ALLOWED ANYWHERE ON THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS.
- No firearms, knives, and weapons.
- No bad attitudes. Violators will be asked to leave.
- No Golf Carts or ATV‘s
- Unauthorized vending is not permitted.
- NO illegal drugs, weapons, or fireworks are allowed on the festival grounds. Violators will be ejected from the facility and subject to prosecution under local, state, and federal laws.
- Underage drinking is strictly prohibited.
- Park only in designated parking areas. If your vehicle is found in an unauthorized area it will be towed to the on site tow lot and a fee will be assessed.
- NO GLASS PLEASE
- Respect the environment. Please use trash and recycling bins provided by the festival.
- Please be respectful of your neighbors and consider their comfort.
- HAVE FUN . It‘s an official rule!
- 2019 earlybird tickets sold out. All tickets include entry Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights. Free camping and hot showers included. Tickets limited to 3000 for 2019.
- 4 full days of independent music from around the world.
- Food vendors and beer bars on site.
- Children 6 and over need a child’s ticket.
- All children must be supervised at all times.
- There are no refunds but you are able to sell or give away your tickets.
- Must be 18 to purchase tickets.
- Must be 21 to drink.
- TICKET QUANTITIES ARE LIMITED.
Contact: (931) 239-8509
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
- Aug 29, 2019 at 01:00 pm - 11:00 pm (Thu)
- Aug 30, 2019 at 12:00 pm - 11:00 pm (Fri)
- Aug 31, 2019 at 12:00 pm - 11:00 pm (Sat)
- Sep 1, 2019 at 01:00 pm - 04:00 pm (Sun)
Additional time info:
Come get your favorite camping spot on Wednesday August 28th, 2019 for a $10 early entry fee!
Ticket gate opens at 6pm Wednesday, August 28th and is open 24 hours until Sunday September 1st at midnight.
115 Waterloo Road, Cookeville, TN 38506