RCSTN Challenge 5K & 1 Mile Fun Run
Please note, this event has expired.
2nd Annual RCSTN Challenge 5K and 1 mile fun run. Event start/stop is located in beautiful, historic downtown Springfield, TN. Run through the historic district then stay on the square for lunch and shopping!
It’s time to lace up those running shoes and begin preparing for the 2nd Annual RCSTN Challenge 5K and 1 mile fun run. The RCSTN Challenge:
- Is a non-profit race, all proceeds support school age running clubs, cross country teams, and the purchase of non-funded sports equipment for school age children.
- Promotes health and fitness for people of all ages, but is focused on encouraging families to get active in our community.
- 5K Training Calendar available, start date: February 16, 2020. Find the link on Facebook (@RCSTNChallenge) and Twitter (@RCSTNChallenge) pages.
- JUST ADDED: In-person 5K Training Group will be led by Springfield local Maria Knight! 5:30pm open to Adults, Children, and will be pet & stroller friendly. Meeting dates will follow the 5K Training Calendar (check the Facebook page for details!). Meet at the Robertson County Family YMCA outdoor track – location may change, watch social media pages for updates!
- Race route provides you with an excellent opportunity to explore beautiful, historic downtown Springfield, TN.
- T-Shirt guaranteed with registration by Saturday, March 21.
- Onsite registration will be available from 7am to 7:45am on Race Day.
- During registration, make sure you designate the school you are representing. This helps determine our school-based winners (See incentives/awards below). Remember: Any school in Robertson County is eligible, including virtual and home school!
Grab a friend, commit to training and meet up on race day!
The RCSTN Challenge awards the following places at the post-race stage ceremony following the 5K:
5K Overall Male and Female: 1st | 2nd | 3rd
- The RCSTN Challenge has a non-duplication of awards policy. A runner who finishes in the Top 3 overall in the 5K run does not qualify to win an age group plaque. Therefore, your finish in your particular age group category may improve due to other runners in your age group finishing in overall positions.
Masters Awards (Age 40-60)
- The RCSTN Challenge bestows the following Master’s awards in the 5K. Only the First Overall Male & Female Masters awards are presented at the post-race ceremony on stage following the 5K:
- Overall Male & Female Masters: 1st
Age Group Awards
- The RCSTN Challenge also awards the Top 3 males and females in the following age groups.
- Top 3 Male & Female Ages: 11 & under, 12-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 and up
Incentives and awards for participation offered to Robertson County Schools as follows:
- School with the highest number of participants in the 5K — Ice Cream party
- School with the largest number of student participants in the 5K and 1 mile — Ice Cream party
- School with the first 10 teachers, staff and administrators to finish the 5K — Lunch party
- School with the largest percentage of teachers, staff and administrators to register and complete 5K or 1 mile — Teachers may wear jeans the last week of school.
405 North Main Street, Springfield, TN 37172