Second Friday Telescope Night | March
Please note, this event has expired.
The Dyer Observatory telescopes will be set up for gazing, and the observatory will be open for viewing exhibits and speaking with astronomers. The format is “open house” so you may arrive and depart any time during the event. There will not be a formal talk/program on these nights unless otherwise noted. Suggested for ages 8 and up.
- The Seyfert Telescope is located on the second floor of the observatory.
- There are twenty steps leading to the second floor.
- For the safety of all observatory guests, closed-toe footwear must be worn.
- Vehicles larger than a standard-size school bus will not fit through the gate.
- You do not need to bring a printed ticket; there will be a guest list at the gate.
- Alert the parking attendant at the gate if you have special parking needs.
- If your plans change and you can not attend, please let them know so that they may release the space to someone else.
Source: Dyer Observatory
$6.24/Person ($5 Admission + $1.24 online handling fee)
Each Person Must Have Their Own Reservation
Tickets Available One Month Before Each Event
Use Ticket Link For Reservations
No Tickets Sold At Door
No Refunds or Exchanges
This is a Clear or Cloudy Event
Contact: (615) 373-4897
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES *
Additional time info:
Times vary due to changing sunset times. The time listed is an estimate of the time so be sure to check with the Dyer Observatory.
Upcoming 2018 Second Friday Telescope Nights
April 13, 8pm-10pm
May 11, 9pm-11pm
June 8, 9pm-11pm
July 13, 9pm-11pm
August 10, 9pm-11pm
September 14, 8pm-10pm
October 12, 7pm-9pm
November 9, 7pm-9pm
Dyer Observatory is Closed Annually December-February
1000 Oman Drive, Brentwood, TN 37027
MORE FROM Vanderbilt University - Dyer Observatory
Nov 9, 2018