Tennessee STEAM Festival
Please note, this event has expired.
Science, technology, engineering, art and math (STEAM) will come to life at more than 100 events and activities across the state during the 4th annual Tennessee STEAM Festival, taking place Oct. 9-18, 2020.
The Festival was founded by the Discovery Center at Murfree Spring and incorporates outdoor and virtual events hosted by a wide range of museums, schools, community centers and other attractions. A complete listing of activities is available at TNsteam.org.
Signature events include:
- The Look of Things Unseen: A transatlantic visual discussion about submicroscopic killers, with Martin Kemp, Emeritus Research Professor in the History of Art, University of Oxford, England (virtual)
- Vaccines in the Time of Covid, with William Schaffner, MD, Vanderbilt University (virtual)
- From Nothing to Something: The Innovation of Music, National Museum of African American Music, Nashville (virtual)
- Scarecrow Contest, Lichterman Nature Center, Memphis
- Pelican Festival, Reelfoot Lake State Park, Tiptonville
- Hispanic Heritage Days, Discovery Center, Murfreesboro
- Middle School Virtual Science Experiment, Girls Inc. of TN Valley, Oak Ridge
- …and much more!
This year the Festival’s Honorary Chair is William Schaffner, MD, epidemiologist at Vanderbilt University. Schaffner is often seen on national news programs talking about public health issues such as pandemics and the coronavirus.
Connect with the Tennessee STEAM Festival by hashtagging #BeBrilliant and #TNSTEAMfest at:
Sponsored by Mind2Marketplace and Atmos Energy. Founded by the Discovery Center.
About the Discovery Center
The Discovery Center at Murfree Spring is a hands-on, environmental, cultural and educational museum located in the heart of Middle Tennessee. More than 120,000 children and families visit annually, exploring exhibits and participating in programs that promote STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts & math) education. Adjacent to the Center is the protected Murfree Spring wetlands, a natural habitat for a variety of fish, amphibians and birds. Located at 502 S.E. Broad Street in Murfreesboro, TN. For more information, visit www.explorethedc.org or call (615) 890-2300.
Source: Press Release
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
Additional time info:
Various events will take place across Tennessee at different venues and at different times.
Nashville, TN 37201