Please Note: This event has expired.
Women's Fund FORUM
NASHVILLE’S ROLE IN SUPPORTING NEW NEIGHBORS
News reports of Afghan refugees being resettled in the United States have become a daily headline. Nashville has resources that have been in place for decades to greet our new neighbors. This panel is filled with experienced women who are part of Nashville’s support system for refugees. They will share the history and experience of how their organizations help refugees find friendship, physical and mental healthcare, education, and skills to create independence and economic self-sufficiency.
- Vanessa Lazón, Metro Nashville Public Schools EL Family & Community Specialist (Former Director at Mayor’s Office of New Americans)
- Amy Richardson, MPH Chief Community Health Officer, Siloam Health
- Louisa Saratora, State Refugee Coordinator, Tennessee Office for Refugees (a department of Catholic Charities, Diocese of Nashville)
- Kasar Abdulla, Independent Consultant, Community Member
The Women’s Fund Forum Chair:
- Johari Matthews, Northwest Family YMCA, Executive Director
The Women’s Fund Board Chair:
- Meera Ballal, J.D., M.Ed., Founder of Women’s Healthcare Initiative
Mark your calendar and join The Women’s Fund of The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee for The Women’s Fund FORUM 2021.
For questions, call Jenni at (615) 321-4939 x136.
NOTE: Your confirmation email will contain the link to view the FORUM.
FREE. Reservations at BUY TICKETS link required.