Album Cover Courtesy of BMLG Records
MULTI-PLATINUM band Lady A continues to emerge with a new refined vision, as they share details behind the full release of their eighth studio album WHAT A SONG CAN DO (BMLG Records).
Working again with producer Dann Huff, the 14 tracks reinvigorate the band’s signature sound – a captivating fusion of rootsy pop and electrifying harmony that has dominated charts for more than a decade. WHAT A SONG CAN DO is a love letter to fans – steeped in music’s power to get us through, as their new album feels like a reawakening, and to Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley and Hillary Scott, the road ahead looks better than ever.
“We’ve rediscovered our purpose, and it’s to entertain and spread a positive message – I really truly believe that,” Charles Kelley said. “I want our legacy to be songs that make people feel good. But, I also think there’s more to our story that hasn’t been written yet.”
As their fun loving Top-15-and-rising lead single “Like a Lady” stresses self-acceptance and female empowerment, “You Keep Thinking That” puts Scott’s sweet yet sassiness on blast, further amplifying her self-made message. Always up for a good time, Thomas Rhett, Darius Rucker and tour mate Carly Pearce offer support in the trio’s twang-rocking first true collaboration, “Friends Don’t Let Friends.” Additionally, Haywood steps to the mic for his first-ever lead vocal on the devoted “Working On This Love” as it finds him delivering a tender acoustic poem written solo for his wife, Kelli. The 14-track project ends on a romantic sway with “Swore I Was Leaving,” which was the first song the trio wrote for WHAT A SONG CAN DO. All of it illustrates the patient, gracious optimism the band has taken from their years together.
Fans can listen to the gentle acoustic sway behind “Where Would I Be” that shares how refinement comes in many forms here.
WHAT A SONG CAN DO TRACK LIST:
1. “Talk Of This Town” | Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott, Nicolle Galyon, Jordan Reynolds
2. “What A Song Can Do” | Charles Kelley, Sam Ellis, Ryan Hurd, Laura Veltz
3. “Like A Lady” | Hillary Scott, Dave Barnes, Michelle Buzz, Martin Johnson, Brandon Paddock
4. “Things He Handed Down” | Charles Kelley, Julian Bunetta, Jesse Frasure, Thomas Rhett
5. “Fire” | Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott, Justin Ebach
6. “Chance Of Rain” | Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Topher Brown, Justin Ebach
7. “Worship What I Hate” | Dave Haywood, Hillary Scott, Natalie Hemby, Amy Wadge
8. “Where Would I Be” | David Garcia, Natalie Hemby, Jordan Terry Minton
9. “Friends Don’t Let Friends” (featuring Carly Pearce, Thomas Rhett, Darius Rucker) | Charles Kelley, Julian Bunetta, Ashley Gorley, Thomas Rhett
10. “In Waves” | Charles Kelley, Joey Hendricks, Alysa Vanderheym, Michael Whitworth
11. “You Keep Thinking That” | Charles Kelley, Dave Cohen, Chris Gelbuda, Steven Lee Olsen
12. “Be That For You” | Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Corey Crowder
13. “Workin’ On This Love” | Dave Haywood
14. “Swore I Was Leaving” | Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott, Jordan Reynolds, Parker Welling
Built around rich vocal harmony, vivid emotional writing and a smooth fusion of country, rock and pop, Lady A have long been a model of mainstream success. Their 11 No. 1s, 18 million albums sold, 34 million tracks, five billion digital streams and a global touring footprint prove the point. Known for their 9X PLATINUM hit “Need You Now,” which is the highest certified song by a Country group, they have earned CMA Awards Vocal Group of the Year trophies three years in a row and countless other honors including five GRAMMY Awards, Billboard Music Awards, People’s Choice Awards, Teen Choice Awards, a Tony Award nod and were recently inducted as members of the Grand Ole Opry.
They recently launched their 34-city LADY A: WHAT A SONG CAN DO TOUR with special guests Carly Pearce, Niko Moon and Tenille Arts, as a portion of the ticket sales going towards LadyAID, the group’s philanthropic fund.