Rose Mont was the home of Josephus Conn Guild (1802 – 1883) and Katherine Blackmore Guild. The name “Rose Mont” references the once extensive rose garden at the north side of the house. A smaller replication of the rose garden has been installed near the original location outside the farm office.
The house was built from 1836 to 1842 with the center section, galleries and detached kitchen constructed first, followed by the wings. At the time, Tennessee houses typically were plain, box-like