There are no recent bookmarks.

Center for the Arts

Center for the Arts
    Email
/
    Website
/
    Facebook
/
    Twitter
/
    Instagram
/

   

  

 

The mission of the Center for the Arts is to enhance the quality of life in our community by providing cultural and economic enrichment through the arts.
The Center for the Arts opened to the public on December 1, 1995 and was originally funded by the City of Murfreesboro and Rutherford County. In 2008 The Center became a non-profit 501 (c) 3 organization and now depends on the generosity of the public for funding.  Since it’s opening, the Center for the Arts has been presenting theatrical productions, visual art exhibitions, music concerts, dance performances and educational classes.

Theater

Art Gallery

Center Stage Academy

The Center for the Arts is housed in an Italianate structure built in 1909 by the U.S. Department of Treasury on the site of an old livery station. The building originally served as the Post Office and in 1962 became the Linebaugh Library. After the library relocated, the building was renovated and became the Center for the Arts. The renovation of the building was awarded the Governor’s Award for Economic and Community Development.

Now, the Center for the Arts is dedicated to it’s mission of spreading the arts through education initiatives and putting on quality, accessible performances for the middle Tennessee area. The Center for the Arts is funded primarily through grants and donations from both individuals and organizations such as the Tennessee Arts Commission, and is subject to the rules and regulations surrounding such gifts. 

Source: Official

View more