Historic Building/Landmark - Hotel/Motel/Inn
321 East Main Street, Red Boiling Springs, TN 37150
Armour’s Hotel has one of the only mineral bathhouses still operating in Tennessee, coupled with the availability of Licensed Massage Therapists. Advance notice is required for massage therapy.
The Armour’s Red Boiling Springs Hotel is a two-story native brick structure built in 1924 by attorney John Smith and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
It was first called Smith’s Brick Hotel, being the first brick hotel structure in town. Later, and for most of its existence, it was known as the Counts Hotel. In 1991, Brenda and Bobby Thomas renamed the hotel of today. Unfortunately, throughout the years, the conditions had deteriorated slightly. Desires to preserve Red Boiling Springs’ history motivated the Thomas’ to purchase the hotel.
Immediately beginning renovation of the building continued their efforts to help revitalize the healing tradition of the area for any year-round guest.
The Armour’s is now owned by Dennis and Debra Emery. They assumed ownership August 29, 2008, from Laban and Reba Hilton who owned and operated the hotel since 1999. Dennis and Debra have embarked on a complete refurbishment and redecoration of the hotel and invite you to come and share their home and see the improvements!
Source: venue website