There are no recent bookmarks.

Carnton

Carnton
    Email
/
    Website
/
    Facebook
/
    Instagram
/

   

  

Carnton was built in 1826 by Randal McGavock. His son, John, inherited the house in 1843. The McGavock family was directly impacted by the Battle of Franklin and found their home used as a field hospital for wounded Confederate soldiers. Carnton became the largest hospital in the area following the battle. After the war John and his wife, Carrie, set aside nearly two acres of their property so that the remains of Southern dead who died in the battle might be properly buried. The National Historic Landmark has been open to the public since the late 1970s and allows visitors to better understand the humanity which often appears in the midst of war.

Carnton and Carter House are managed by The Battle of Franklin Trust. The mission of The Battle of Franklin Trust is to preserve, understand, and interpret the story of a people forever impacted by the American Civil War. The Battle of Franklin Trust is a 501(c)(3) organization.

Source: BOFT

LOCATION

Carnton

1345 Eastern Flank Circle, Franklin, TN 37064

ALBUQUERQUE LITTLE THEATRE

  • ico-y-knife.pngCheese Coffee Caf Downtown
  • ico-y-knife.pngLiu Chinese Fast Food
  • ico-y-knife.pngVinaigrette
  • ico-y-knife.pngGarcias Kitchen The Original
  • ico-y-knife.pngRoute 66 Malt Shop
  • ico-y-knife.pngBottger Mansion of Old Town
  • ico-y-wscreen.pngBottger Mansion of Old Town
  • ico-y-wscreen.pngLiu Chinese Fast Food
  • ico-y-wscreen.pngBottger Mansion of Old Town
  • ico-y-wscreen.pngLiu Chinese
  • ico-y-wscreen.pngVinaigrette

PUBLIC HOURS

Monday through Saturday: 9am-5pm
Sunday: 11am-5pm
The last guided tour of the day begins at 4pm
Closed New Year’s Day, Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas.

 

PUBLIC ADMISSION FEES