There are no recent bookmarks.

Carter House

Carter House
    Email
/
    Website
/
    Facebook
/
    Instagram
/

   

  

Carter House was built in 1830 by Fountain Branch Carter. The home and family witnessed one of the bloodiest battles of the Civil War on November 30, 1864. The modest brick home was commandeered and used as a Federal command post while the Carter family, as well as the Lotz family, sought refuge in the basement during the fighting which erupted on their property. This National Historic Landmark has been open to the public since 1953.

Carter House and Carnton are managed by The Battle of Franklin Trust. The mission of The Battle of Franklin Trust is to preserve, understand, and interpret the story of a people forever impacted by the American Civil War. The Battle of Franklin Trust is a 501(c)(3) organization.

 

LOCATION

Carter House

1140 Columbia Avenue, Franklin, TN 37064

ALBUQUERQUE LITTLE THEATRE

  • ico-y-knife.pngCheese Coffee Caf Downtown
  • ico-y-knife.pngLiu Chinese Fast Food
  • ico-y-knife.pngVinaigrette
  • ico-y-knife.pngGarcias Kitchen The Original
  • ico-y-knife.pngRoute 66 Malt Shop
  • ico-y-knife.pngBottger Mansion of Old Town
  • ico-y-wscreen.pngBottger Mansion of Old Town
  • ico-y-wscreen.pngLiu Chinese Fast Food
  • ico-y-wscreen.pngBottger Mansion of Old Town
  • ico-y-wscreen.pngLiu Chinese
  • ico-y-wscreen.pngVinaigrette

PARKING INFO

Parking and Visitor Center access are located off of West Fowlkes Street

PUBLIC HOURS

Monday through Saturday: 9am-5pm
Sunday: 11am-5pm
The last guided tour of the day begins at 4pm
Closed on New Year’s Day, Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas.

PUBLIC ADMISSION FEES