There are no recent bookmarks.

Douglass-Clark House

Douglass-Clark House
    Email
/
    Website
/
    Facebook
/
    Twitter
/
    Instagram
/

   

  

The Douglass-Clark House, restored by Sumner County and opened to the public beginning in July 2015, serves as a visitor/interpretative center and offers free guided tours of the house. A single room inside the home of Elmore Douglass served as one of the earliest courthouses in Sumner County between 1788-1790, and Andrew Jackson practiced law at the Douglass-Clark House beginning in 1789 during his tenure as Attorney General. The home also has connections to Civil War history as four sons of the Clark family, who lived in the home between 1831-1881, served in the Confederate Army. A Civil War Trail Marker is present at the site and the house is listed on the Tennessee and National Registers of Historic Places.

The site is open daily Tuesdays-Saturdays from 9:00am-4:30pm, but does close daily for lunch (a sign will be posted). The site is closed on major holidays.

LOCATION

Douglass-Clark House

2115 Long Hollow Pike, Gallatin, TN 37066

ALBUQUERQUE LITTLE THEATRE

  • ico-y-knife.pngCheese Coffee Caf Downtown
  • ico-y-knife.pngLiu Chinese Fast Food
  • ico-y-knife.pngVinaigrette
  • ico-y-knife.pngGarcias Kitchen The Original
  • ico-y-knife.pngRoute 66 Malt Shop
  • ico-y-knife.pngBottger Mansion of Old Town
  • ico-y-wscreen.pngBottger Mansion of Old Town
  • ico-y-wscreen.pngLiu Chinese Fast Food
  • ico-y-wscreen.pngBottger Mansion of Old Town
  • ico-y-wscreen.pngLiu Chinese
  • ico-y-wscreen.pngVinaigrette

Accessibility Information

PARKING INFO

Parking is available at the Station Camp Greenway entrance or at the Douglass Chapel Church.

PUBLIC HOURS

9:00am-4:30pm, Tuesdays-Saturdays

PUBLIC ADMISSION FEES

This site is free to visit.