There are no recent bookmarks.

The Dixie Theatre/Marshall County Community Theatre

The Dixie Theatre/Marshall County Community Theatre
    Website
/
    Facebook
/

   

  

The Dixie Theatre was built in 1913 by M. P. Boyd as a silent movie house with an all-purpose stage. At that time, The Dixie was located on the east side of Lewisburg’s public square. The building was renovated after a fire in 1924 and remained in business at that location until 1938 when it was moved to its present location on the north side. Renovated several times over the next forty years, The Dixie finally closed its doors to patrons in 1985.

Marshall Countians have used the theatre’s stage for plays, beauty pageants and talent shows. Many nationally acclaimed stars have graced its stage, including Al “Fuzzy” Saint John, Smiley Burnett, Tom Mix, Roy Acuff, Bill Monroe, and PeeWee King. A member of the James gang once delighted patrons with a shooting exhibition. The Dixie was purchased by the Marshall County Community Theatre in 1994 and has been lovingly cared for since that time. Maintenance and upkeep on the aging structure are made possible through the generous annual support of the community.

LOCATION

The Dixie Theatre/Marshall County Community Theatre

110 West Church Street, Lewisburg, TN 37091

ALBUQUERQUE LITTLE THEATRE

  • ico-y-knife.pngCheese Coffee Caf Downtown
  • ico-y-knife.pngLiu Chinese Fast Food
  • ico-y-knife.pngVinaigrette
  • ico-y-knife.pngGarcias Kitchen The Original
  • ico-y-knife.pngRoute 66 Malt Shop
  • ico-y-knife.pngBottger Mansion of Old Town
  • ico-y-wscreen.pngBottger Mansion of Old Town
  • ico-y-wscreen.pngLiu Chinese Fast Food
  • ico-y-wscreen.pngBottger Mansion of Old Town
  • ico-y-wscreen.pngLiu Chinese
  • ico-y-wscreen.pngVinaigrette


Summer Vacation Deals