At NowPlayingNashville and The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee, we know that the best way to break down barriers is to get to know each other. That’s why this Artober weekend at both the Celebrate Nashville Cultural Celebration and the First Saturday Art Crawl on the 5th Avenue of the Arts, we’re launching WE KNOW EACH OTHER NOW, a community art project that invites people to get to know each other and have their picture taken together.
How it works is simple:
- Sign in at our table with your name and email address (so we can send you a digital copy of the photo) and consider signing the Nashville Unites Resolution.
- Go to one of two lines as directed by a staff member.
- When you reach the front of your line, you and the person at the front of the opposite line will meet in the middle of the photo booth area, where you will introduce yourselves and shake hands.
- A facilitator will present a basket with questions. Each of you will take an ice-breaker question out of the basket to ask each other and answer.
- Once each question has been asked and answered, your photo will be taken together.
- Exit the photo booth area (hopefully having made a new friend).
That’s it! The photo may be used in various digital and print mediums by CFMT and NowPlayingNashville to promote unity in Nashville and the Nashville Unites Resolution.
Come see us at either event and be a part of this fun art project.
The 21st annual Celebrate Nashville Cultural Festival takes place Saturday, October 7 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. at Centennial Park. Learn more here.
The First Saturday Art Crawl takes place Saturday, October 7 from 6 – 9 p.m. on 5th Ave and other locations downtown. Thanks to the generosity of the Downtown Partnership and The Arts Company, we’ll be located in front of The Arts Company (215 5th Ave N.) and will be there the whole night. Learn more here.
Last year during Artober at First Saturday Art Crawl, dozens of people joined us for our NASHVILLE NEEDS ART … project. View the pictures and video here.
Feel free to spread the word about the project with these handles and hashtags.
Instagram: @communityfoundationmidtn @nowplayingnashville @ArtoberNashville
Twitter: @CFMT @nowplayingnash @ArtoberNashville
Facebook: @CommunityFoundationMidTN @NowPlayingNashville @ArtoberNashville
Hashtags #WeKnowEachOtherNow #NashvilleUnites #ArtoberNashville